Friday, February 25, 2011

Mackenzie's Bedroom


 Well I've showed you little snip-it's of Mackenzie's room in my last post so I thought I would give you the full tour now. She's going to be 11 and definitely in that pre-teen stage!! We painted her room about 5 years ago, the bottom part under the chair rail was a dusty rose. Last year when I bought her the new bedding I painted the bottom part hot pink on her request. OK grab yourself a cup of coffee and a snack because I took a lot of pictures!



      I painted her armoire last year the color is atrium white by B.Moore.

        I love sanding around the knobs to give it that worn look.


                        I just painted the nightstand to match


                                     This was the before




              I love the sides on this piece, wish they were seen.
              



 My MIL bought this chest for me when we first got married. It had a white-wash stain on it and handpainted flowers. It was pretty but didn't work well in here, so after painting it I stenciled this design on it.
                                   Great for extra storage





 So glad my handy hubby ran the electrical and cable up the wall so we could hang her TV.

 I hated covering this beautiful window but the sunlight makes it much to bright in the mornings and much to hot in the summer so it had to be done.
                            I told you I took a lot of pictures!


Joining in on the fun over at: http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com


http://chichonashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com


http://romantichome.blogspot.com


http://www.atthepicketfence.com/

24 comments:

Erika . . . with a K said...

Love her room, it looks amazing. It's such a special place for her! Love what you did with all of the painted furniture.

Gail said...

Oh Martina, your daughter's room is beautiful! You did a great job on all the painted pieces of furniture. I love the worn look. I know she truly must be loving her room.

Thanks for sharing,
Gail

Emelia DiCarlo said...

So pretty and I love all the color scheme and your painting and touches!

debs said...

Her room is fantastic. I love the chest and your stencil work..pretty color too. Come get in on my new giveaway...:)

Karen said...

What a pretty room! I love decorating children's rooms its so much fun. You did a great job.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Martina, I just love her colorful room. I bet she loves it.

Town and Country House said...

Beautiful room! Great job!

At The Picket Fence said...

What an absolutely darling pre-teen room! Perfect balance of girly and yet not too "little" girly. :-) I love the sconces above the bed and that chest is just beautiful. Great job! :-)
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

I love that trunk you painted. The stencils really made that piece. I've seen that quilt while shopping and always liked it. It truly seems the perfect choice for this room. Great job with the decorating!

Unknown said...

What a VERY pretty room! I love the color and that quilt is darling!

~Liz

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

wow, what a pretty room!

Martha said...

LOve everything about this room! I"ve been thinking about redoing my daughters room and this is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Martina, what a fabulous room for an 11 year old - or any-year-old! Love those sweet pinks, and seeing your armoire and side table inspire me to paint some furniture I have that need a makeover...they are so pretty. That window and a private bath too...what a lucky girl your daughter is! Thanks for visiting my kitchen re-do!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh! I just love your daughter's room. It is just picture perfect. I bet she just loves it too. It really makes me miss having "little" girls around. My 3 daughters are now adults.
Great post!
Donna

At The Picket Fence said...

Just coming back over to say thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday! :-)
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Martina. I love the colors. The big window is wonderful!

Anna said...

Your daughter's room is so nice now!!I love it!
Thanks for sharing.Kisses from Italy,
Anna

Unknown said...

How cute is this room.. thank you so much for coming over and visiting. I am putting you on my side bar so I can keep up with you blog. have a great weekend

Pattie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Martina, This room is just adorable! I love the pink and green colors together and I see the bath is painted the same green. So Cute!!
Hugs,
Sherry

shannon said...

Great job!
www.dashing-home.blogspot.com

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Martina~ What a darling room- you did a wonderful job on it! I love the pink and green combination! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Emily said...

I love what you have done in your daughter's room. It flows so nicely into that darling bathroom! I love the armoire. The chest with the green stenciled detail is so cute...love it all. You have such great taste!
-emily
www.nestnestingnested.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Beautiful!!!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Adorable! Love the colors. The stenciled chest is fantastic too!

Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...